Trash & Recycling
The Utility Department can be reached via email at email@example.com
or by phone at 937-836-5106 option 1.
Utility payments can be dropped off in the utility drop box in the parking lot
The box will be emptied and payments will be processed daily.
Provided by Rumpke of Dayton
All inquiries, new accounts and billing questions should be directed to the City of Englewood Utilities Department.
Cost is $28.12 Standard Service - $34.12 Service with Trash Toter
Residential Trash Service Information
- Trash Pickup Day (PDF)
- What Trash is Accepted? - Acceptable items include: Trash: food waste, etc.; Yard-waste: bagged or bundled; Recyclables: plastics, aluminum, paper, etc.; Bulky items: one large item per week; Unaccepted items include: Tires, Concrete, Brick
- What Can Be Recycled (PDF)
- Trash Receptacles - Call 836-5106 ext. 212 to order a brown trash toter. A bimonthly rental charge applies. The green recycling toter is free of charge.
- Bulk Items - Bulk Pick-Up Guidelines (PDF) Rumpke will take one bulk item per week on your regularly scheduled trash day. You do not have to call ahead for this service. If the item is a refrigerator, you will have to get it certified - freon removed - by a professional before putting it out to the curb.
- Wood - Please adhere to Rumpke's policy on yard waste removal. With wood, you must cut it into no longer than 4 feet in length and 2 feet in diameter and bundle it with the weight not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Yard Waste - Simply bag it up and put it out on your regularly scheduled trash day. No special yard waste bags are needed.
- Time of Pickup - All trash and recycling must be out at the curb by 6:30 a.m. on your regularly scheduled pick up day. You may also put the trash out on the night before your regular pick up day.
Curbside Recycling Program
Recyclable materials must be placed in bins provided by the trash hauler. If your residence does not have a bin, please contact the Utilities Department. If you choose not to recycle, please contact the Utilities Department, and we will pick up your bin. Recyclable materials are picked up on the regular trash collection day. Curbside recyclable materials include empty beverage cans, food cans, glass food and beverage containers and plastic containers. Please clean these containers and remove labels before placing them in your recycling bin. Newspapers also may be recycled: place them in brown paper grocery bags. Items not accepted for recycling include: household glassware and window glass, plastic grocery bags, disposable diapers, batteries, aerosol spray cans and any containers used for motor oil, paint, solvents, etc.