Englewood, located in northwest Montgomery County, is a thriving community that is committed to economic development. We are uniquely located in the Dayton metro area, less than 10 minutes from the Dayton International Airport, and positioned with two direct access points to Interstate 70, and just 5 miles west of Interstate 75.
Englewood is aggressive in attracting new businesses and retaining our current ones. The city owns land available for development in two active industrial parks, that is shovel ready, with interstate frontage. Englewood has a distinctive history and character proven attractive to small and mid-size employers who wish to take advantage of a location in Englewood. With outstanding access, Englewood is ideally situated for residents and businesses. The city boasts a strong employee base, diverse housing choices, numerous parks with outdoor recreational opportunities, and a business-friendly municipal government.
COVID-19 RELIEF PROGRAMS
Small Business Relief: Montgomery County has expanded the eligibility criteria for small businesses looking for COVID-19 relief, increasing the maximum number of employees and maximum annual revenue requirements to allow more local businesses to qualify for grants of up to $10,000. Montgomery County has set aside $40 million to help small businesses recover from COVID-19 losses, one of several financial assistance programs created by the Office of CARES Act.
Housing Assistance: Montgomery County launched a new $10 million grant program targeted at helping local homeowners and renters impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic. Half of this funding will benefit homeowners who are behind on their mortgage payments because of a COVID-19 related loss of income. The other half of this funding will help individuals and families who have struggled to pay rent because of the pandemic, as well as providing help to both homeowners and renters those who are behind on utility bills.
For more information regarding COVID-19 Relief Programs through Montgomery County, click here.
The State of Ohio announced new funding opportunities to help small and medium-sized businesses during the coronavirus pandemic for Ohio Businesses. Please visit the links below for more information about the grant programs being offered.
- Blake-N-Co - 7705 Hoke Rd.
- Englewood Cinema - 320 W. National Rd.
- Home Sweet Home Cafe - 320 W. National Rd. # 6
- Instinct Dance Company - 606 Taywood Rd.
- Just Dash It - 705 Taywood Rd.
- Miami Valley Massage Therapy - 5 N. Main St.
- Opal Salon - 10 S. Walnut St.
- Spectrum - 7716 Hoke Rd.
- Wright Patt Credit Union - 950 Union Blvd. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Cambella Nail Salon - 7704 Hoke Rd.
- Full Circle Brewgarden - 324 Union Bvld.
- Shell Gas Station - 113 S. Main St.
- Single Parents Rock! - 130 Wenger Rd. Ste D @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>