Solicitors & Canvassers
- If you are a solicitor, vendor or peddler making face-to-face contact, you must have a permit.
- A permit is $1 per solicitor and valid for a 10 day period
- Each solicitor must present photo identification at the time of permit application
- All solicitor, peddler or vendor activity must be performed between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- If you are distributing literature, but not making face-to-face contact, no permit is required; this is considered non-contact canvassing and is limited to the hours of 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- All solicitors, peddlers, vendors and canvassers, which include religious and political candidates making face-to-face contact, must adhere to the Englewood Do-Not-Solicit list. The list can be obtained at the City of Englewood Government Center or by viewing the Do-Not-Solicit List page.
- Solicitation Regulations, include everyone, including children 17 and under, who are soliciting for fundraisers, is required to obtain a permit
- Canvassing, which means the house-to-house distribution of ideas, pamphlets, literature and the like, or collection of signatures or support for any purpose or cause, including requesting contributions, political or religious canvassing, does not require a solicitor permit; however, all activity must be performed between the hours of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. and may not contact any individual on the Do-Not-Solicit list.
- Follow this link to see the full text of Chapter 854 (PDF) of the Englewood Codified Ordinance entitled Peddlers, Vendors, Canvassers and Charitable Solicitations
Englewood has established a Do-Not-Solicit list much like the Federal Do-Not-Call list. Solicitor's will be provided the list and may not contact anyone on that list. The Do-Not-Solicit list will be closely enforced.
Follow this link to be added to Englewood's Do-Not-Solicit list. Or by phone at 937-836-5106, ext. 211.
Reporting a Soliciting Complaint
When a solicitor knocks on your door, each individual soliciting should be able to present to you their solicitor's permit obtained from the City of Englewood. If they cannot present a valid permit or if they knock on your door and you know that you have registered for the Do Not Solicit list, call the Englewood Police Dispatch to report a soliciting violation at 937-836-2678.